General law of the Regulatory Agencies
Regulation in Brazil – structural changes in management, organization, decision-making and social control brought by Law 13.488 of June 25, 2019
- Mandatory Regulatory Impact Analysis (RIA);
- Standards of administrative and management aspects;
- Standards of the number of directors of Regulatory Agencies;
- Standards of directors terms of office;
- Imposition of technical requirements and limits, which must be fulfilled by all those appointed to the Executive Boards of all the Agencies;Functional, decision-making and financial autonomy to Regulatory Agencies
- Triple list for selection of members for Agencies;
- Mandatory annual attendance of the directors of the Regulatory Agencies to the Federal Senate for accountability;
- Prohibition of reappointment of current directors;
- Determination of 12 months of quarantine, without link with companies, to the indicated for direction of the Agencies;Exclusion of the Civil House from the Federal Planning and Budget System and from the Federal Financial Administration System.
The vetoes can be maintained or overturned by the National Congress.